Education Law – Advocating on behalf of Families throughout the Eastern Shore of Maryland
In making crucial decisions regarding a child’s needs at school, school administrations and parents sometimes disagree on what is best for the child. This is where a legal advocate can be of utmost importance to parents. Parents often do not know, or are not told, all of the options available for their child and all of the rights that the child and parents possess under the law. Families of children with disabilities and disorders often face serious challenges navigating the complex laws governing the educational rights that are in place for the benefit of their child. The Law Office of Joseph I. Coale is dedicated to providing experienced and zealous legal representation to assist in securing equal access to appropriate educational services and supports for all children.
We serve children with special needs, including:
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Developmental Delays and Disabilities
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Learning Disorders
- Communication Disorders/Speech-Language Impairments
- Intellectual/Cognitive Impairments
- Social/Emotional Disabilities
- Behavioral Challenges
- Physical Disabilities (Orthopedic/ Visual/ Hearing)
- Medical/Health Impairments
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Executive Functioning and Processing Speed Disorders
State and Federal law mandate that all students have a right to an appropriate education, and every child deserves an opportunity to reach their potential. Joseph I. Coale is a member of MDSEL (Maryland Special Education Lawyers). MDSEL is a collaborative group of Maryland attorneys who currently represent students with disabilities in special education matters and promote legislative advances in protecting individuals with special needs.